November 12, 2019
Thank you all for your support on this cause. On Thursday, November 7th, City Council listened to the concerns from the many neighbors who attended the meeting. They also considered the 100s of emails that they received from South Tempe residents. The City Council unanimously voted to reject the appeal.
- Mark Mitchell, Mayor
- Lauren Kuby, Vice Mayor
- Jennifer Adams, Councilmember
- Robin Arredondo-Savage, Councilmember
- Arlene Chin, Councilmember
- Randy Keating, Councilmember
- Joel Navarro, Councilmember
November 2019 – Attend City Council Meeting
Please attend next week’s city council meeting, or send a quick email to let your elected officials know how you feel. Details below!
- Why: This is Valvoline’s last chance to appeal to City Council. A strong showing ensures that we do not lose the unique character of South Tempe. This keeps our quality of life high and our home values strong! 🏠
- What: Tempe City Council Meeting. Our elected officials will hear Valvoline’s pitch to open up shop, and they will reject or approve the lube shop to be built. We get our turn to step up to the microphone and advocate for our community. 📣
- When: Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 6:00 PM. It’s okay to show up late. Just show up!
- Where: Close to home! You don’t even have to drive to downtown Tempe!
Tempe History Museum
809 E Southern Ave
Tempe, AZ 85282
- How: EVERY NEIGHBOR COUNTS! Your voice matters. It really does! Please attend next Thursday. If you cannot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you don’t want Valvoline.
Finally, please tell your neighbors and friends!
September 17, 2019 – Attend the Community Hearing
- What? This is a Design Review Commission where our representatives hear our concern. This forum is built for neighbors to walk up to the microphone!!!
- Why? This is about home values and community pride! 1 hour of your time will make a huge difference in the future of our community!
- When? Next Tuesday at 6PM, that’s September 24, 2019
- Where? Tempe History Museum, located at 809 East Southern Avenue. Easy parking! https://goo.gl/maps/V8dtFDx3T8itKGwf8
- Can’t make it? Please email email@example.com and tell them how you feel.
SEE THE RESULT OF OUR WORK! Neighborhood protests put brakes on plans for proposed So. Tempe Valvoline location
March 29, 2019 – Sign the Petition
Yuck! We’ve learned that an out-of-state company wants to open an oil-change megashop in the spot that used to be Shell on the Southeast corner of McClintock and Warner. What could be more lame?
Plus, all the noise, congestion, and fumes that come with an auto shop. Nope!
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD – NO OIL MEGASHOP!